THE ANGRY!: Boy's State Debriefing

7.01.2006

Boy's State Debriefing


Okay everyone, gather ‘round, because you are only going to hear me say this once. I was wrong. Boy’s State was actually really fun. It was “conservative” but very good. Now I know what your thinking, but don’t worry, I haven’t been brainwashed.
This is how my average day went: get up at seven go right away to calisthenics (exercise)*, then take a shower and clean my room until we had to raise the flag, then eat breakfast, then clean dishes/grounds/bathrooms (we had a different duty everyday). Then we headed to a legislative session, where we did bills and resolutions and argued stuff out. The cool thing about this was, that once they passed both the house and
the senate and was signed by the governor we elected there, they were taken by the Lt. Govenor to our State Capital where they might do something with them. After our Legislative session, we listened to a guest speaker, had lunch, washed dishes, legislative session, canoeing time, dinner, wash dishes, activity, sleep. We were very busy there.

About our guest speakers there, they were (almost) ALL very Conservative. Really. A lot of them were complete Jackasses too. I don’t want to get into it.

That is actually what I expected the whole camp to be like, but they actual way it’s was run was very non-partisan. We only prayed once or
twice, so it wasn’t a strict every meal thing or any of that bullshit. Well, actually I should say that there was a prayer only once or twice, I just sort of stared at my feet while they rambled.

We had a really nice lake where we were at and played paddlepirates all the time, flipping canoes and getting resced by paddle boats.


The Lake. very nice place. Let's see, i don't think there is anything that i left out about boy's state except that it was really fun and you should go if you get the chance. Meeting people with different philosphys can really open up your horizons.

Know your enemy, and never underestimate them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home